- Give input on best practice security standards on new systems, network design, and respective third-party integrations.
- Support and maintain all network security devices across multiple sites (Globally)
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configurations, security architecture, and best practice principles.
- Daily administration of firewall rules, IPS Policies, and Filters via change control procedures.
- Monitor performance, logs, reports, and alerts of potential threats or attempted breaches related to security incidents and remediate accordingly.
- Collaborate with management and department leaders to assess near and long-term network security assessments, vulnerabilities, and risks.
- Perform and assist with vulnerability scans and penetration tests.
- Willing to travel and be on standby.
Key Competencies and Qualifications
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to seek out vulnerabilities in IT infrastructures
- A deep understanding of how hackers work and the ability to keep up to date with the fast pace of change in the criminal cyber-underworld
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of IT systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to take responsibility and be decisive
- Ability to work within a small team
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Formal Cisco certification ideal - CCNA (Security)
- Minimum of 5 years networks security support experience
- Must have experience in the areas of vulnerability threat management, cybersecurity, and supporting management tools and technologies such as Cisco ASA, Intrusion Prevention, FirePOWER- and FireSIGHT Manager, Qualys, and Splunk.