Overview of Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced IT Manager. Be part of National Pens' newest addition to our global locations. Located in Okinawa, Japan this Contact Centre will service our well-established local Japanese customer base.
We are looking for an IT manager to be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of our computer systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs, and timelines. You will supervise the implementation and maintenance of our company's computing needs.
The successful candidate will have improved skills, a proven professional experience, and a detailed knowledge of the industry's best practice processes.
What you will do
- Manage information technology and computer systems
- Plan, organize, control, and evaluate IT and electronic data operations
- Manage IT staff by recruiting, training, and coaching employees, communicating job expectations, and appraising their performance
- Design, develop, implement, and coordinate systems, policies, and procedures
- Ensure security of data, network access, and backup systems
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes
- Preserve assets, information security, and control structures
- Handle the annual budget and ensure cost-effectiveness
What we need from you
- Business level in both Japanese and English
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication ability
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- In-depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
- Proven working experience as an IT manager or relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis, and computer hardware/software systems
- Expertise in data center management and data governance
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration, and network installation
- Ability to manage personnel
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, or similar field
We're dedicated to providing the best promotional products, no matter your location. That's why we have multiple locations, with our National Pen headquarters in California, our European headquarters in Ireland, and our Perfect Pen brand in Canada.