Overview of Role:
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR Manager. Be part of National Pens' newest addition to our global locations. Located in Okinawa, Japan this Contact Centre will service our well-established local Japanese customer base.
As the HR Manager, you will act as a trusted advisor to leaders across the organization to ensure a seamless design and execution of HR initiatives that will support our mission and business objectives and reinforce our values. The ideal candidate will be very culture-centric and be able to demonstrate a passion for driving and expanding talent, culture, and engagement initiatives in a fast-growing location.
What you will do:
- Responsible for the set up the new HR function on-site,
- Responsible for the creation, documentation, and implementation of human resources policies, programs, and processes
- As the first point of contact, respond to employee inquiries, provide information, guidance, and direction on employee relations issues, workforce analysis, performance management, and other core HR functions
- Operate as a key business partner to employees, managers, directors, and senior leaders to ensure HR practices and strategies enable the delivery of specific, measurable business goals
- Facilitate internal transfers, conduct exit interviews, and identify trends to support retention, career development and to minimize risk for the business
- Responsible for maintaining employee files and delivering a tracking system to identify trends and issues, and processing HR transactions
- Issue contract of employment and managing new employee onboarding, with the support of the local training team
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Working with the global training team, Identify training needs for the contact center teams
- Participates in the evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success.
- Foster and sustain the company culture and values
- Lead the National Pen Communication agenda
- Reporting of relevant HR KPIs
- Provide guidance on best practice in ER/performance-related issues.
- Manage the budget for Human Resources
- Other ad hoc duties as they arise for business needs
What we need from you:
- Degree in HR
- Experience with managing a team.
- Minimum five years experience in a progressive HR environment with operational experience in administration and projects delivering HR solutions to business, ideally coming from a start-up environment
- Experience working at an executive level
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Extremely detailed oriented with high standards of accuracy
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- The ideal candidate will be adaptable and capable of contributing to an innovative working environment
We're dedicated to providing the best promotional products, no matter your location. That's why we have multiple locations, with our National Pen headquarters in California, our European headquarters in Ireland, and our Perfect Pen brand in Canada.